5.14.2006

Josh Marshall does a great job with his site and usually him and I are in agreement with most things. I couldn't begin to count the number of news items Josh has broken and forced the MSM to deal with, especially concerning the Republican culture of corruption. But I can't allow Josh to steal all the thunder on this one. Oh no. I predicted the return of Al Gore way back on January 18, 2006 in my first post back from blogger retirement.

Josh links to Andrew Sullivan who posts a reader's email predicting the return of Gore.

Well, on Jan. 18, 2006 this is what I had to say:

I’m going to make my predictions for ’08 and we’ll see how it all adds up later. I see a return of Al Gore. Call me crazy, but I see Gore as the Democratic nominee in ’08. Though if Hillary decides to run it will be tough. I think if Hillary wants to be the nominee she will be it. Party primaries are always about favors and the Clintons are owed more favors than anyone. If Hillary decides to run, I think her and Gore better do some talking. If it’s Hillary, the only way she will win the general is if the Republican nominee is Jeb Bush. She would mop the floor with that guy. Other than that, I’m sticking with Gore. And yes, if Hillary is the nominee I will vote for her. I’m a Democrat, what can I say. I’ll vote my Party.
Not so fast Josh. Spread some love my man.