9.01.2005

Taking a Moment

Given the situation in New Orleans and the fact that I've been on the road all week, I just don't have much in me.

I'm not sure it's fair to blame Bush for not reacting to Katrina. What could he do? Call off the weather reports? And if he were to go down there, there isn't anything he could do anyway. Touring the devastation from 100ft. up would do nothing to help. Besides, he should conserve the fuel for the rescue operations.

I think it's probably fair to state that Bush has had one heck of a rough second-term. A lot of events have happened that no human could control. And a lot has happened that Bush is definitely responsible for. Iraq is still anyone's guess. Gas prices are the highest in history. The Dow is stagnant. Minimum wage is still the same. Job production is laughable. Over a million more Americans fell into poverty in the last two years. Darfur is still a genocide. Bin Laden is still at large.

Something's gotta give.

Mid-term elections are right around the corner. It's time we all wake up and decide the fate of this country. The path we are on is unsustainable.

2 comments:

Cooper said...

I think it is over simplistic to say we can't blame Bush and his entourage. We can and you know it, at least to some degree. Now may not be the time to play the blame game and they are doing all they can to thwart the efforts so far but I do disagree with you on this. Of course he is having one hell of a second term but don't ask me to tear up over it. I still am in more of a fuck Bush mode than anything else.
It is obvious the people of this country have to take some responsibility for the government they elected or for the government they didn't pay much attention to until things started spiraling downward.
Some lessons are just hard to learn and that is a fact.

Get some rest and get your mo jo back.

I agree on the on the wake up America theme.

Chris said...

Yeah Alice, you're right. I'm in a funk right now. Maybe some rest this weekend will get me back on track.

Thanks for reading.