2.27.2008

Because Being a Man Means Never Saying Sorry

Rule #1 in the neoconservative rule book is that tough manly men full of patriotism never apologize for anything. Even when they are flat out wrong, like Bush on Iraq, or like Alberto Gonzalez testifying before Congress, or like Dick Cheney on everything from the last 15 years. Because when you do say you're sorry, you only show weakness, and the one thing you never apologize about is telling liberals how it is.

The Republican presidential nominee is about to find that out quicker than snot. After McCain supporter Bill Cunningham referred to Democratic front runner Obama as a hack and Daley style Chicago politician, and then ever so slightly referring to him as being a clothed fake, McCain apologized for Cunningham's remarks stating that both Hillary and Obama are to be treated with respect.

"I apologize for it," the Arizona senator told reporters, addressing the issue before they had a chance to ask about Cunningham's comments.

"I did not know about these remarks, but I take responsibility for them. I repudiate them," he said. "My entire campaign I have treated Senator Obama and Senator (Hillary Rodham) Clinton with respect. I will continue to do that throughout this campaign."
Since McCain's apology, Cunningham has pulled his support of McCain and says he will endorse Hillary. And the right wing has been hammering McCain all day for his sissy behavior.

I'll have more on this later once I read up some more because the right wing response to McCain's call for respect has me perplexed for the moment and I'm sure I don't have all the details.

0 comments: